Holland got Horsemanship 2023-2024 Contest conditions
Conditions for participation in the Holland got Horsemanship Contest 2023-2024
- Everyone can participate in the preliminary rounds of Holland Got Horsemanship.
- To participate in the preliminary rounds you need to register on MyCompass.Horse.
- You can choose in which category you participate.
- After you have made your choice in which category you want to participate, you can upload your video immediately.
- You may submit one video per category per preliminary round. You can participate in both categories per preliminary round.
- If you participate in two heats, it does not have to be with the same horse.
- If you have been selected for the semi-finals with multiple entries, you may only enter with 1 entry.
- You can submit your video at any time during the preliminaries and semifinals.
- Voting is open during the term. We encourage you to be there early so that people have enough time to vote for you!
- Every like on the video counts as a vote. Voters can give their feedback below the submission.
- Participation in the contest is free.
- To participate in the final of the contest, you must have a profile on MyCompass.Horse.
Semifinals and finals
- In order to be selected for the semi-finals, you must have at least 25 votes. You can increase your chances by sharing your entry via social media and inviting your network to vote.
- For the semifinals, you need to make a new video.
- Per category, the 5 entries with the most votes will advance to the final. They do not have to submit a new video for this.
- The ranking in the semi-finals counts for 50% of the final result. Place 1 = 5 points, place 2 = 4 points, place 3 = 3 points, place 4 = 2 points and place 5 = 1 point.
- For all entries of the preliminary rounds and semi-finals: The community is the jury.
- Anyone can register as a member of the community. This registration is free of charge.
- During the contest, wildcards can be given away to participants where they are directly invited to the Equiday show program.
Both the community and the professional jury are asked to judge the entries on 3 themes:
- Horsemanship - The way trainer and horse work together. Is there harmony, mutual trust and understanding? Partnership?
- Technique - Effect and lightness of the aids. Impulse, stroke and relaxation of the horse in the execution.
- Difficulty – Bonus points when you show progressive transitions, perform the exercises at speed or show a high degree of collection, strength and momentum. Be creative, for example with a combination of multiple exercises, obstacles or obstacles on the same line. But.... The level of difficulty must not be at the expense of correct execution or harmony.
Assessment by the professional jury:
- The entries of the finalists will be judged by the professional jury in the period from 1 to 14 March 2024. Each jury member makes their own ranking. This ranking determines the number of points. The average number of points of the professional jury counts for 50%.
- For the final ranking, the score of the semi-final counts for 50% and the assessment of the professional jury for 50%.
- The 1st prize winners per category will receive an invitation to the EquiDay show program in April 2024 (date to follow).
Additional explanation: We ask the community and the professional jury to assess the entries from their perspective. We don't want perfection in this contest. Horsemanship is precisely the ability to respond to the horse's signals. So in the assessment, the emphasis may be on the way in which a rider responds to the horse and, for example, is able to release tension or gives the horse confidence in a challenging situation.
Dates preliminary rounds and (semi)finals
The contest runs from October 1, 2023 to April 2024
- Round 1 runs from 1 October 2023 to 30 November 2023 .
- Round 2 runs from 1 December 2023 to 31 January 2024.
- The standings can be followed via the scoreboards.
- The best five entries per category per preliminary round will advance to the semifinals.
- For the semi-finals, the selected participants can submit a video again.
- The semi-final runs from 1 February 2024 to 29 February 2024 .
- In the semifinals, the five entries with the most votes per category will be selected for the final.
- The final runs from 1 March 2024 to 14 March 2024 . No new video needs to be submitted.
The winners will be announced via MyCompass.Horse on March 14, 2024. The official award ceremony will be on EquiDay in April 2024 (date to follow).
Rules for the entire contest
- Videos should not be longer than 5 minutes.
- You are allowed to edit and edit the video as you see fit and creativity. Keep in mind that the winners of the final will be invited to the Equiday show program and the performance must also be shown live in front of an audience. When you edit your video so creatively that you mask certain shortcomings of yourself, you make it harder for yourself to meet the audience's expectations live. Be creative, but show an honest picture of your abilities.
- Anyone suspected of fraud by obtaining false votes will be immediately disqualified.
- Entrants who post negative comments about other entrants will be immediately disqualified.
- Voters are allowed to provide constructive and constructive feedback in the responses. Give tops and tips! Participants are vulnerable and should be treated with respect. Negative feedback will be removed immediately.
- In the event that the online contest is cancelled by MyCompass.Horse due to insufficient participation or force majeure, prizes will not be paid out.
- In the unlikely event that finalists cannot or do not want to participate in the (semi) final, this place will be filled by the reserve.
- Your e-mail address will be used for correspondence regarding the contest and our newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- The visual material becomes the property of MCH and can be used for marketing purposes.
- If, despite all our intention and efforts, you still have complaints about the course of the contest, please contact us via the contact form.
- In order to participate and vote, you must register on MyCompass.Horse. By registering you automatically sign up for our newsletter. We store your registration and your data securely in a password-protected database and your data will not be made available to third parties. If you no longer want your data to be stored in our database, you can inform us by e-mail or simply click on 'unsubscribe' at the bottom of our newsletter.